The Saskatoon Preschool Foundation offers a Preschool Tuition Subsidy available to families with children registered in a Saskatoon Preschool.
Preschool Tuition Subsidy
The Preschool Tuition Subsidy Program is meant to address the needs of preschool children where tuition is a barrier to attendance. The Board invites applications from individual families requiring assistance with the monthly preschool fees in established preschools. While the Foundation has limited funds for this purpose, applications will be considered on a first come-first serve basis. We encourage families requiring assistance to apply at any time.
Please help us to help preschool children by providing copies of this information to individuals involved in preschool education and to families of preschoolers who may require financial support.
Preschool Tuition Subsidy Policy
In accordance with its vision and mission, the Saskatoon Preschool Foundation will allocate funds within its annual budget to provide subsidies for a portion of the preschool tuition fees for children enrolled or wishing to enroll in an eligible preschool program, where the payment of the tuition fees presents a financial hardship.
- A child who attains three (3) or four (4) years of age by January 31 of the academic year in which the child is to be enrolled; and,
- Who is enrolled or wishing to enroll in an incorporated preschool operating in a public facility.
- A subsidy will normally be considered for an academic year, or a portion of an academic year.
- Once approved the subsidy will be paid directly to the preschool in which the child is enrolled.
- The maximum subsidy is $800.00 per child per academic year.
- Subsidies will be granted from the date the application is received by the Foundation.
- Application to the Saskatoon Preschool Foundation will be made by the parent or legal guardian of the child enrolled or wishing to enroll in an eligible preschool, along with the recommendation of the teacher of the preschool program.
Download the Application Form: Subsidy Application Form